We are now inviting eligible patients to book appointments for their flu jabs. Please check the criteria below to see if you are included. This is not an exhaustive list so If you are unsure, please contact the practice to see if you are eligible.
- All patients aged 65 and over
- Heart problems
- Chest complaint or breathing difficulties including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma
- Kidney disease
- Patients who are a main carer for an older or disabled person
- Frontline health or social care workers
- All pregnant women
- Anyone living in a residential or nursing home
- Liver disease
- Had a stroke or TIA
- A problem with your spleen e.g. sickle cell disease or you have had your spleen removed
- If you are on steroid medication or undergoing cancer treatment
If you are eligible we would like to encourage all of our patients to have their flu jab at the practice rather than attending a pharmacy. By having your flu jab done at your doctors practice, we will be able to instantly update your records, as well as ensure all of your routine health checks are up to date for the year.
To make an appointment please contact the practice on 02392 476941 or pop into reception at your next convenience. We have a number of Saturday clinics available as well as during non-working hours on a Monday evening and an early Wednesday morning.
If you are housebound, please still call the practice and we will put you on a waiting list to be visited for your flu jab.